26th April-Fatfield, Sunderland. Meet at Jopling’s, Sunderland at 10.15 then we will catch the ‘2A’ at 10.24 from Toward Rd. If you catch an ‘E’ bus you can wait at that bus stop and the others will walk down to meet up.
Walk leader: Patricia Stephenson
3rd May-local walk-cabin meeting-meet at Park gates at 10.15
Walk leader: Brian Gilchrist
Chris welcomed everyone to the monthly meeting and thanked members for the contributions to the shared table.
- Seeds have been purchased for the community garden. Some work has been carried out despite the bad weather.
- Work on the bandstand garden will begin again when the weather improves.
- The Friends of the Parks application to Awards for All was turned down, so we have applied for a CAF fund award to help us pay for the summer bands. As a group we can contribute a huge £965.38 towards the cost. This was collected last year from donations for home baking and collections. Fingers crossed that we will be successful.
- The HLF have given ‘permission to spend’ so the interview for the park manager will go ahead on 24th
The weather was awful for the litter pick in March but we still collected 8 bags of rubbish. Huge thanks to those people who braved the elements. Our next litter pick will take place on Saturday 5th May at 10.30. Please meet at the bottom of Lawe Road if you would like to take part. Hopefully the weather will be kinder to us.
- The Westoe Village Farye is taking place on Saturday 16th June. We hope to have a bottle stall and home baking on sale. Any donations of bottles or baked goods (on the day) would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you could spare a half hour or so to help look after the stall that would be fantastic too-just let a member of the committee know.
- Chris informed the members that Alice Houghton has resigned from the Friends of the Parks committee. A letter will be sent thanking her for her support and commitment to the Friends. We wish her well.
- Next cabin meeting 3rd May