23rd August-Tile sheds-meet at The White Ensign/Kings Prosecco Lounge at 10.15.
Walk Leader: Pauline Watson:
30th August-Local walk-meet at park gates at 10.15
Walk leader: Christine Calvert or Will Drennen
6th September-Local walk-cabin meeting-meet at park gates at 10.15. The Friends of the Parks Annual General Meeting will take place at 12 noon
Walk leader: Brian Gilchrist:
Chris welcomed everyone to the monthly meeting and she asked for a minute’s silence to mark the sad loss of John Laws.
- Little Big Band had to cancel their performance at the South Marine Park due to strong winds and possible rain. They will play on Saturday 8th The Gaslighters drew a big crowd on a beautiful afternoon and were excellent. There was a performance from an Irish Dancing group during the interval and this was very popular.
Saturday 18th August-Barely Human
- The Heritage Walk will take place on Saturday 15th September at 11.00am. Please meet at The Lifeboat. The cabin will be available at 10am for members to change into period costume if they wish. Enjoy a pleasant walk around The North and South Marine Parks with a history of the parks delivered by Christine Calvert. Refreshments will be served afterwards in the Community Garden (weather permitting) If the weather is poor they will be served in The Bents Park Cabin. Please support this event-you will have a lovely morning.
- The South Marine Park has been awarded the Green Flag along with West Park in Jarrow. It is thought that The Friends of the Parks had a very positive part in gaining the award. Thank you to all the members.
- The bandstand garden is overgrown with weeds once again! It takes a lot of hard work to keep them under control.
- The Community Garden has suffered from the dry weather. But there will be vegetables on sale at the picnic on August Bank Holiday.
- Everyone is welcome to The Community Garden on Bank Holiday Monday 27th August at 1pm. Please bring along some nibbles and enjoy a game of pentanque or croquet. Hopefully the weather will be kind.
- This years AGM will be held on Thursday 6th September at noon. Please find attached agenda for the AGM
- Next cabin meeting Thursday 6th September